Rongli shared knitted fabric hemming techniques:
First, there is a problem with the operation, and the cloth edge is often stretched, so that the hemming will not be compliant.
The second is that the edging strips are not suitable. Some knitted fabric edging strips that are too soft and too thin are not suitable for knitted edging and are difficult for beginners to master.
After many hemming experiments, the elastic hemming webbing is more suitable for beginners to make knitted hemming.
For example, the basic steps of hemming: shoulder seam overlock→line drawing→neckline hemming→shoulder seam overlock→sleeve cage hemming→side seam overlock→bottom hemming (hemming is also possible)
1. Finished product
2. First, the shoulder seam (overlock)
3. Draw lines on the collar and sleeve cage: draw the width of the hemming-5~7mm, generally according to the width of the hemming.
4. Use a pull tube to wrap the neckline: wrap it along the drawn line. The hemming width is 8mm, and the drawing line width is about 5mm. Before hemming, turn the hemming strip about 3cm first, and then start hemming.
5. Close the other shoulder seam, and then start the sleeve hemming: also wrap the line drawing.
6. The side seam (overlock) is directly made with overlock stitch.
Folding the bottom hem: you can fix it with double-sided tape to reduce deformation and easy sewing.
Stitch selection: stretch stitches, Z stitches, etc. (ensure sufficient elasticity of the bottom hem)
7. The bottom pendulum can also be wrapped with a draw tube, and the stitch selects Z stitch: to ensure sufficient elasticity.
For fabric knowledge, you can click here: knitted jacquard mattress fabric.