Advantages of nylon:
1. High mechanical strength, good toughness, high tensile and compressive strength. The specific tensile strength is higher than that of metal, and the specific compressive strength is comparable to that of metal, but its rigidity is not as good as that of metal. The tensile strength is close to the yield strength, more than twice as high as ABS. The ability to absorb shock, stress and vibration is strong, and the impact strength is much higher than that of general plastics, and is better than acetal resin.
2. Outstanding fatigue resistance, the parts can maintain the original mechanical strength after repeated bending. PA is often used in common escalator handrails and new bicycle plastic rims where periodic fatigue effects are extremely obvious.
3. High softening point and heat resistance (such as nylon 46, etc., high crystalline nylon has a high heat distortion temperature and can be used for a long time at 150 degrees. After PA66 is reinforced with glass fiber, its heat distortion temperature can reach 250 degrees or more).
4. Smooth surface, low friction coefficient and wear resistance. It is self-lubricating when used as a movable mechanical component and has low noise. When the friction is not too high, it can be used without lubricant; if lubricant is really needed to reduce friction or help heat dissipation, water, oil, grease, etc. can be selected. Therefore, it has a long service life as a transmission component.
5. Corrosion resistant, very resistant to alkalis and most salt solutions, also resistant to weak acids, engine oils, gasoline, aromatic compounds and general solvents, and inert to aromatic compounds, but not resistant to strong acids and oxidants. It can resist the erosion of gasoline, oil, fat, alcohol, weak base, etc. and has good anti-aging ability. It can be used as packaging material for lubricating oil and fuel.
6. It is self-extinguishing, non-toxic, odorless, good weather resistance, inert to biological erosion, and has good antibacterial and mildew resistance.
7. Has excellent electrical properties. Good electrical insulation. Nylon has a high volume resistance and high breakdown voltage. It can be used as a power frequency insulating material in a dry environment, and it has good electrical insulation even in a high humidity environment.
8. The parts are light in weight, easy to dye and easy to shape.
Disadvantages of nylon:
1. Poor water absorption and poor dimensional stability.
2. Poor low temperature resistance.
3. The antistatic property is not good.
4. Poor heat resistance.
For details, please contact: nylon fabric manufacturers.