The Digital Electronic Scales are easy to use, accurate, and save many people a lot of time and money. They help people to lose weight, monitor symptoms of heart failure or even bake like a pro.
Digital scales are precise instruments and should be treated with care. Disregard them and they may eventually become less accurate. Here are a few issues that can keep your digital scale from performing at its best:
10. Uneven Loading – Digital scales have a sweet spot. Always place the center of gravity of the object you are weighing over the center of the weighing surface on your scale. Think yoga, keep it balanced & centered!
9. Excessive Exposure to Water or Moisture – Digital scales are electronics and will be adversely affected if the interior components are exposed to a lot of moisture, just like you ipod.
8. Careless/Excessive Use – Again, keep in mind that a digital scale houses sensitive measuring components. Any excessive trauma or careless behavior can ruin your scale.
7. Cold Temperatures – Digital scales like a warm environment and will function best at room temperature. If a scale is too cold you will notice that it acts sluggish and the display may start to malfunction. Note: some professional scales are designed to function in lower temperatures, around 40 degrees Fahrenheit. )) Brrr ((
6. Objects Too Big for the Scale – If you’re weighing a large box; be careful that it does not hang over the sides and touch the surface below. The scale will measure an incorrect weight because the surface below is supporting some of the box’s weight.
5. Trying to Stabilize Awkward or Large Objects by Hand – Be careful. You may not notice that you are supporting some of the objects weight with your hand, or even adding excessive weight from the pressure exerted trying to stabilize the object. If accuracy is important in this situation; be aware that you may influence the weight measurement unwillingly.
4. Over-loading – Don’t do it! This is the surest way to ruin your scale. Placing excessive weight on a scale will damage it’s sensitive measuring components permanently. Always be aware of your scale’s maximum capacity (listed on the bottom label of each Escali scale.)
3. Electromagnetic Fields of Disturbance – Most electronics, like cell phones or microwaves, put off strong fields of electromagnetic disturbance that will affect the delicate electronic measuring components within your scale. Static Electricity can also cause similar interference.
2. Uneven/Unstable Surfaces – All digital scales should be placed on a flat and stable solid surface. Uneven tiles, carpet, rubber flooring, wobbly tables etc. should all be avoided. For instance, ultra slim bath scales can bottom-out on carpet or rubber flooring because of their ultra compact design.
1. Low Battery or Unstable A/C Power Source – Low batteries are the most common cause for digital scale malfunctions. Your scale will seem sluggish or measure inaccurately when its battery is low. Faulty power adapters can cause fluctuating readings and inaccuracy as well. At the first sign of trouble, always start your trouble shooting by examining the batteries, put in a fresh set, and make sure all of the metal connections are making proper contact.
We are one of the electronic scale factory and welcome to your come and purchase!