It can be extremely frustrating when you encounter this Epson scan error 9923 while working with the machine. This means that you may not be able to scan important documents. This is mostly due to electrical issues. The scanner may not recognize the device in which the document being scanned is kept. Or, you may be using a faulty USB cable, or it is possible that the USB ports may have been damaged.
It is possible to encounter Epson Printer in Error State Windows 10 if your scanner connects to a local area network. Also, you may face this issue if your scanner driver is not installed correctly or is not compatible with your scanner. Whatever the reason, you need effective solutions to fix the problem, such as those described below.
Solutions to Resolve Epson Printer Scanner Error 9923
Let us discuss the possibilities to overcome this error. Follow the steps in the order we have discussed in order to eliminate the problem forever.
Solution 1: Verify the Connection
Check that you have connected the scanner to the correct USB port on your device or computer. After that, verify whether your USB cables are in good working order. Switch off the scanner and disconnect it from the power source.
Then remove the scanner from your device or computer and then restart the connection within a few minutes. Turn on the scanner and try scanning a piece of paper. This scanner will not show an error message like error code 9923 when the error occurred due to a problem with the connection.
Solution 2: Update the Scanner Driver
If your scanner driver is not run, then follow this procedure to get latest version of scanner driver. If you have not yet installed the appropriate drivers for your scanner, or the installation is not complete, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Start menu and look for Control Panel if it is not found in the list of installed applications.
- Click 'Programs and Features', then search for Epson Scanner within the available programs.
- Right-click on the Epson scanner and select Update Driver Software option from the context menu.
- Let Windows detect the most recent driver and insert it into your computer.
- If Windows can't find the appropriate driver, browse your computer and then install the driver by hand.
- When you have installed the driver After installing the driver, connect the scanner to your computer and verify if it is able to scan the document without any errors.
Solution 3: Reset the Scanner
This is the last attempt to resolve error 9923 from Epson scanning error 9923. It includes the following steps:
- Click Settings, then select "System Preferences."
- Click 'Printers and Scanners' Select 'Printers and Scanners', then select 'Reset Printer System Options'.
- Select the menu 'Applications' and select the appropriate Epson scanner.
- After that, reboot the system and then scan a document to confirm that you have fixed the problem.
Scanner error 9923 is not a problem that is common to Epson Printer users. Most of them have managed to solve this problem by using the solutions provided in this blog.