6 skills that must be mastered when laying outdoor cables
The installation and construction of outdoor power cables is relatively difficult due to the complex terrain and numerous equipment and facilities in the urban area. In order to avoid problems such as cable abrasion, equipment damage, and personnel safety caused by construction, the following summarizes the 6 major techniques for laying outdoor power cables.
1. Before laying the cable, check whether the type and specification of the cable meet the design requirements: armored cables should be used for direct burial laying; unarmored cables should be used in cable trays, in cable shafts, overhead and pipe laying; Flame-retardant cables should be used in public places with higher fire protection requirements.
2. Check whether the cable reel and its protective layer are intact, and whether the two ends of the cable are damp.
3. According to the actual situation of the construction site, it is determined that the cable shall be laid in direct buried, vertical shaft, pipe-through or overhead laying methods.
4. When the power cable is buried directly underground, the distance from the ground should not be less than 0.7 meters, the distance between the pipeline and other parallel pipelines should be kept at least 2 meters, and the pipeline spacing should be more than 0.5 meters during cross laying.
5. The sequence of cable laying and the location of cable brackets should be planned as a whole before construction.
6.Pay attention to the abrasion of the cable at the bend during construction, and ensure that the cable has enough space for expansion and contraction.