Angeles University Foundation is one of the most prestigious universities. It is recognized as one of the Philippines ’ leading universities. It is a non-profit educational organization. Mr. Agustin P. Angeles, Dr. Barbara Y. Angeles, and his family founded AUF on May 25, 1962. On April 16, 1971, the Department of Education, Culture, and sports granted it university status.
Here are the 9 reasons why you should choose Angeles University Foundation, Philippines for studying MBBS abroad.
(1) What makes AUF the best option for Indian students?
- Medical Council of India (MCI/ NMC)
- Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. (PAASCU)
It’s a not-for-profit organisation that does not compromise on seats, intakes, or syllabus and has the best Medical Council of India (MCI) Screening Test, United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), and Physician Licensing Examination(PLE) results to maintain its top ranking. There are higher chances of getting PG admission in the USA & similar countries. It is also the shortest MBBS program for 5.5 years, divided into 11 semesters including internship, which is valid in India, and students don’t need to do internships again in India.
(2) AUF provides Medical Education of the 21st century!
Angeles University Foundation provides a worldwide acceptable degree, in fact, the medical system followed here is followed by over 70% of the world population. It has even been ranked as the no. 1 medical university to study MBBS by TheTopTen.org.
There are 5 multi-speciality hospitals around the campus. Thus, students get medical exposure opportunities not only on paper but also real clinical exposure too. The cadavers used here are real instead of their digital replacements. This in total ensures the best skill acquisition for a student’s future medical career.
The AUF Medical Center has Complete Cardiovascular Care, Hearing Care, Center for Anatomical Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, Center for Diagnostic Imaging, Sports, Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine, Eye & Lasik Surgery, Dermatology, Nuclear Medicine Center, Department of Surgery, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Department of Paediatrics
National Award-winning University for the “Best Tertiary Hospital” & “Best Newborn Screening Center”.
(3) Affordable Fee Structure of AUF
Angeles University Foundation has the most affordable fee structure in the Philippines. Other universities have 7 to 8 year long degrees and are quite expensive. However, AUF has 5.5yeas of degree, an affordable fee structure with an option for semester-wise fee payment that gives flexibility in loan payment and lesser load for parents. This also makes AUF the most preferred option as compared to Private Indian Medical Colleges.
(4) Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be NEET Qualified
- Applicants must have completed their 12th in Biology
- General Category: A minimum aggregate of 50% in PCB
- Reserve Category: A minimum aggregate of 40% in PCB with practical
- Must know the English Language
(5) Cost of living in AUF, Philippines
- It costs roughly Rs.13000/- per month for three unlimited Indian meals and an air-conditioned room with an attached bath.
- It costs between Rs.15000 and Rs.25000 in India.
- It ranges from Rs.18000/- to Rs.30000/- in other Philippine Universities.
Hostel AccommodationThe Angeles University Foundation provides comfortable student accommodation that is fully air-conditioned and WiFi-enabled. The hostels are located inside the campus, within the walking distance from the main campus. AUF is the only university in the Philippines providing a Separate Hostel Facility for Girls and Boys.
AUF hostel has trained, educated, and full-time security guards and hostel wardens to ensure that students have a safe and comfortable stay.
Other facilities of the hostel are listed below. With all-inclusive, hostel fees are quite low.
- There are no additional charges for Air conditioning, 24 hours Wi-fi or electricity.
- Bus service between the hostel and the academic campus is provided.
- Twin-sharing, Three-sharing, Four-sharing rooms options are available.
- Each room has a clean and well-kept attached bathroom.
- Each student has their personal study table, bed, chair, and cupboard in each room.
No unsocial and unhealthy activities are permitted inside the campus. Students must adhere to a strict code of behaviour in the hostel. There are rules and regulations regarding entry and exit to the hostel campus at all hours of day and night.
(6) Extensive, Practical Training for Students
The AUF Medical Centre is located within the university campus and thus, gives AUF School of Medicine students comprehensive access to practice and study real-world medical scenarios.
In addition to this, AUF also provides best-in-class clinical training to its MBBS students through an exclusive partnership with the following reputed hospitals:
- Jose B.Lingad Memorial Regional Hospital
- Angeles City General Hospital
- Veterans Memorial Medical Center
- Talon General Hospital
The AMSMS (Angeles Medical Surgical Mission Society) community service organization formed by AUF is dedicated to delivering free health treatment to the needy. Students can participate to serve in this organization. Students with certification from here will have better professional possibilities for their medical careers.
(7) Ultra-modern Infrastructure & Vibrant Campus Life
- AUF Medical Center
- University Hostels
- Library: Our Lady of Lourdes Hall
- AUF Sports and Cultural Center
- Santa Barbara Campus
(8) AUF Location
The Angeles University Foundation is located in a safe and tranquil place. It is also just 5 KMs away from Clark International Airport and there are different modes of transportations like Jeepney, Bus, Subway, Cab, etc available.
It is located in an urban city in the Philippines’ northwestern region, ensuring student safety and security.
(9) Similar Climate to India so Similar Disease pattern
The climate at the location where AUF is located is very similar to that of India. Whereas, if students choose any different university in any country other than the Philippines then they might find it difficult to adjust to the cold climate conditions.
Thus, Indian students find it easier to adapt to a very similar environment. This allows the students who are studying MBBS at Angeles University Foundation to focus on their studies without being affected by the weather. This is also one of the reasons why the AUF, Philippines is the best country for Indian students to study MBBS Abroad.