If you set your browser as the default browser then you can easily use the Acrobat or Reader PDF Viewer without making any changes. But at times, users might face difficulty if the browser is not set as the default browser to use the PDF Viewer. Similarly, while using the QuickBooks Desktop application users might get stuck with unable to locate pdf viewer QuickBooks when you haven’t set Adobe Reader as a default PDF Viewer. If you are looking for the stepwise instructions to configure your browser to use the Acrobat or Reader PDF viewer, then you must go through the entire blog.
Want to know more details how you can configure the browser to use the Acrobat or Reader PDF viewer? If yes, then get in touch with our experts to obtain all answers to your queries within the least time possible.
Stepwise Instructions to change your browser preferences to use Acrobat or Reader PDF Viewer
If you are unable to open the PDF Viewer due to some or the other reason then you must configure your settings for Firefox, Google Google Chrome, and Apple Safari. To help you out, we have listed some of the instructions below, go through them:
For Using FireFox On Windows
- Firstly, click on the Tools option and then choose the Add-Ons.
- From the Manager Add-Ons Manager window, go to the Plugins tab followed by the Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Now, you are supposed to select an appropriate option from the drop-down list behind the name of the plugins.
- Also, ensure that you have always activated “turn on the plug-in” while opening the PDFs in the browser.
- Avoid activating turn-off the plug-in to ensure that it does not open the PDFs in the browser.
For Using FireFox On Mac
- Open the Microsoft FireFox and then go to Preferences followed by the Applications.
- Now, choose an appropriate column type from the Content Type Column.
- After that, associate the content type with the application that will be used to open the PDF.
- Firstly, open the Google Chrome on your system and then tap on the vertically represented three dots located at the top right corner of the screen. Then, choose the Settings option.
- After this, go to the Advanced Settings menu and then choose the Content Settings option located beneath the Privacy and Security option.
- Look for the PDF documents and then tap on the extended drop-down arrow and then turn off the downloaded PDF file instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.
- Exit from the Settings tab and now you are able to view PDF fields in Chrome browser.
- Initially, you need to set Apple Safari’s Preferences to use the Adobe Reader plug-ins.’
- Turn off the AdobePDFViewer plug-in so that you can easily use the plug-in to view PDFs.
- You must now configure Safari to view PDFs using the Adobe Reader plug-in.
- Once again open the Safari web browser, go to Preferences.
- From the Preferences Window select Security > Website Settings button for internet plug-ins.
- Choose the option of Adobe Reader from the list of plug-ins and click Allow Always located below the drop-down list of When Visiting Other Websites.
Summing It Up!!
We assure you that the instructions listed above will help you to set your browser to use the acrobat or Reader PDF viewer hassle-free. Also, it helps in preventing QuickBooks unable to locate PDF Viewer issue. For any additional help, consult our experts.