America is a country full of opportunities for travel and business activities. However, suppose you wish to conduct temporary business activity in the USA or want to visit the country for sightseeing or visiting your family or friends. In that case, you need a USA Visitor Visa.
If you wish to enter America from your home country, you usually need a visa. Your Visa can either be a nonimmigrant visa or an immigrant visa, depending on whether your type of stay in the country is temporary or permanent. Visitor Visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who require entering the USA temporarily for conducting a specific activity.
Types of the USA visitor visas
You can request a B-1 Visa for business purposes, a B-2 Visa for sightseeing, or both. Let’s explain the activities; you can do under these visas.
B-1 Visas: brainstorm with business officials, participate in a scientific, educational, professional, or business meeting or conference, settle an estate, negotiate a contract, etc.
B-2 Visas: Tourism, for a vacation, medical treatment, visit friends or family, etc.
Travel reasons not permitted on this Visa
There are specific tasks, which you cannot conduct while holding any of these visas. We, as HS Consultants Education & Migration, have mentioned a few.
- You cannot Study in USA.
- Paid performances or performances for paying audiences.
- You cannot enter America as a ship or aircraft crew member.
- You cannot obtain USA PR.
- You can’t work as a foreign press in media.
- You can also not use this Visa to give birth to your child in the USA to receive citizenship for that child.
You will require these credentials when giving an interview for the USA Visitor Visa. Our experienced USA Visitor Visa Consultant in India can help you fill the application form correctly and gather the documents on time, as even a tiny mistake can cause delays or visa application refusal temporarily or permanently
- A passport valid beyond six months of your staying period.
- Nonimmigrant Visa application form DS-160 confirmation page.
- If you were asked to pay before your interview, application fee payment receipt.
- A photo in case your photo upload fails during online application submission.
Apply for this Visa: Step by Step
There are various steps you need when applying for a USA Visitor Visa. The order of and how you complete these steps depends on your US embassy. Please contact our expert Visa Consultant in Gwalior to clear any confusion.
- First, you require completing the online application in 2 steps. The first step is to fill form DS-160 and print the confirmation. The next step is to upload your photo.
- You must schedule an interview for the Visitor Visa with a USA official. You will usually not require an interview if you are 13 and younger or 80 and older.
- If you are asked, please pay the visa fees of 160 USD before your interview.
- Now you need to give your interview on the scheduled date. The official will determine if you are eligible for the Visa.
Extending your stay: You can extend your stay on the USCIS website and learn how to expand your visit on the Visa.
Change of status: If your purpose changes while staying in America, for example, you get wed to an American citizen or receive a job offer, you can change your status to another category via the USCIS website.
You also need to remember these other crucial points if you have or when applying for a B-1 or B-2 visa.
- You are not allowed to accept work or employment in America.
- There is no guarantee that your visa application will be accepted.
- Your Visa is valid till it expires, even if your passport expires before you exit America.
Please get in touch with HS Consultants Education & Migration for further guidance on the USA Visitor Visa.