Are you looking for a troubleshooting method to fix the QuickBooks Error H303? If yes, then you are at the right place. In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information about the QuickBooks error H303, along with the solutions you can follow to resolve the error. So, if you also want to get rid of the QuickBooks error H303, stay tuned and read this blog post until the end.
What is QuickBooks Error H303?
QuickBooks Error H303 is a connection error that occurs when the QuickBooks company files based on your PC need some additional configuration. The most common error occurs while using the company’s file. In case when another system is hosting the company file or the current file cannot be accessed due to missing configuration settings, then the QuickBooks error H303 may arise.
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error H303
Before we directly jump on to the procedure for solving the error, it’s important to understand why the error arises. It will help you in preventing the error from occurring again in the future. So, here is the list of the possible reasons due to why the QuickBooks error H303 arises.
- When the Network data (.ND) file is damaged or corrupted.
- The IP address is disabled from accessing the company’s folders.
- When the hosting configuration settings are incorrect.
- The background running antivirus or firewall software disables the QuickBooks to open the company file.
- The QBCF or QuickBooks Database server manager is inactive.
What are the Different Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error H303?
Once you are cleared with all the possible reasons why the error arises, let’s look at the solutions you can follow to resolve the H303 error QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The first recommended solution is to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool. For getting it done, below listed are the steps that you can follow to get it done.
- First of all, close the QuickBooks desktop application.
- After that, download and install the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub on your PC.
- Once the downloading ends, then open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Now, open the QuickBooks tool hub and click on the “Company File Issues” option.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” option.
- Select your company’s file from the drop-down list and click on the “Continue” option.
- At last, provide your QuickBooks login password and click on the “Next” option.
After that, this tool will start scanning the QuickBooks desktop for damaged files and components and repair them automatically. Now, try to access the QuickBooks company file and check if the error has been resolved or is still occurring.
Solution 2: Correct the Firewall Settings
Sometimes, if there is an issue with the firewall settings of your PC, then it might be a reason for the QuickBooks error H303. In that case, the QuickBooks error H303 can be resolved by rectifying the firewall settings. So, here are the steps that you can follow to correct the firewall settings on your PC.
- First, press the Windows button on your keyboard to go to the start menu.
- After that, type “Control Panel” in the insert box and hit the enter button.
- Under the control panel settings, click on the “Firewall Settings” option.
- Click on the “Allow a Program through the Firewall” option.
- Then click on the “Add Programs” option and add “QuickBooks” to the exception list.
- At last, restart your PC and open the QuickBooks desktop application and check if, by performing this method, the QuickBooks error H303 has been resolved or not.
Solution 3: Examine the Services on your Server
To check the services of QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService, below are the steps you can follow.
- First, open the windows run command by pressing the “Windows + R” keys together.
- Now, in the insert box, type “MSC” and hit the enter button.
- After that, search for the “QuickBooksDBXX” under the list and double-click on the file.
- Now, under the startup type, select “Automatic.”
- Moving ahead, check that the services must be either “Running” or “Started.”
- Then shift to the recovery tab and select the “Restart the device” option from the first, second, and subsequent failures option.
- At last, click on the “Apply” option and then the “OK” option.
Solution 4: Add Services to the Windows Admin Group
- First, right-click on the folder where the company’s file is saved.
- Then click on the properties option.
- After that, click on the “Security” option and the “Edit” option.
- Moving ahead, permit full control to the “QBDataServiceUserXX” and click on the “Allow” option.
- Thereon, click on the “Apply” option and then click on the “OK” option.
- After that, open the windows file explorer and press the “Windows + E” keys together.
- Now, right-click the folder where the QuickBooks company’s file is saved.
- Then click on the properties option and click on the “Sharing”> “Share Add” option.
- After that, set the permissions level to the max in front of the “QBDataServiceUserXX” option.
- Lastly, click on the “Share” option.
Solution 5: Examine the Hosting Setting in QuickBooks
When the hosting settings are wrong, it can lead to the QuickBooks error H303. So, here are the steps that you can follow to check and verify the hosting settings in QuickBooks.
- At first, open the QuickBooks desktop application on all devices and workstations.
- Then click on the “File” menu option and then click on the “Utilities” option.
- Then, moving ahead, click on the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Configuration” option.
- Now, again go to the “File” menu option.
- Under the list, again click on the “Utilities” option.
- The next step is to click on the “Host Multi-user configuration” option.
At last, when you are done with the above steps, open the QuickBooks desktop application and check if you are still the Error H303 QuickBooks or is it solved.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager Tool
The final solution is to use the QuickBooks database server manager tool on your PC to resolve the QuickBooks error H303. So, for running the database server manager tool, below are the steps you can follow to get the process done.
- First, open the QuickBooks tool hub, which you have already downloaded during the first solution.
- Now, click on the “Network Issues” under the available list of options.
- After that, on the page, click on the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” option.
- Thereafter, click on the “Start Scan” option.
- Now, the scanning process will be commenced. Once the scanning ends, click on the “Close” option to end the process.
- After that, open the QuickBooks desktop application and check if the error has been resolved or not.
Read more : QuickBooks Error Code H202
So, that’s all with today’s blog. This blog has listed six solutions you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks error H303. In case you perform the steps mentioned above, if you face any problem or challenge or have any other query related to QuickBooks, then you can reach out to us through the chat box. You can also mail us your query at email@example.com. Our experienced and professional QuickBooks experts with in-depth knowledge are available 24*7 at the help desk to attend to your query.