QuickBooks is a software that millions of people use on an everyday basis for bookkeeping, accounting, and managing other financial activities. Over the years, this has made the life of people easy and efficient. However, with good comes the bad too. Users face a lot of errors while operating on this application. One such problem from the lot is QuickBooks error 12007.
This error code pops up on your screen while updating the desktop application. In addition to that, it also occurs when a user makes changes to his payroll data. You might also get an error 12007 notification if there is a connectivity issue.
There are other error codes that are similar to 12007; they are:
- QuickBooks Error 12002
- Error 12000
- QB Error 12009
- Error 12031
Continue reading if you want to know why this problem arises and how someone can fix it.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 12007
Majorly QuickBooks Error 12007 occurs because of configuration issues in system files. However, there are other reasons too. Here is what you need to look for that can cause you this trouble:
- Because of an internet connection issue in the system
- If, due to a network timeout, the software is unable to read the server
- In case Explorer is not the default web browser in the settings.
- A virus or firewall is disrupting the connection.
- When Internet Explorer deletes the SSL Checkbox
- If you are working an outdated QuickBooks Desktop version
- Any issue in the settings of Internet Explorer
Solutions To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12007
If the error 12007 QuickBooks issue is troubling you, you can try the solutions below to overcome it. Just go along the steps, and you will resolve it in no time.
Solution 1: Go Through Internet Explorer Configuration
Internet Explorer settings can be one of the main reasons why you are unable to proceed with your work on QuickBooks. Let us work on that first.
- Go to Internet Explorer and look for Settings. You are here looking for a gear icon.
- A list of options will appear before you. Click on the Internet tab there.
- On this window, go to Connections and hit the LAN option.
- After that, you need to tick-mark Automatically Detect Settings. Make sure that there is empty space when you put QuickBooks in.
- Therefore, click on Apply and head to the Advanced window.
- Here, you need to look for SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 and select these boxes. Other than that, remove check marks from other options.
- Lastly, scroll your cursor to see if TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are selected. If so, then remove the one in front of 1.2.
This might fix the problem with your QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2: Set Up Explorer
The issue can also occur due to an issue in Explorer. This is how you can overcome it:
- First, go to the Start menu and open Tools.
- From there, you need to open the Internet Settings.
- Next, locate the Security tab and click on the Globe icon from there.
- Here, from the list of options, choose Medium High and then move to Connection.
- Furthermore, go to LAN Settings and select Automatically Detect Settings and Proxy Server.
- Thereafter, head to Advanced Tab and click on restore Advanced Settings.
- Now, you need to hit USE TLS 1.2 and select OK.
You finally net to restart your system.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Using an outdated QuickBooks application can also be the reason behind QuickBooks Update error 12007.
- TO initiate the process, first, you need to close the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Now, look for the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and right-click on the same.
- You need to long press the Ctrl key on your keyboard to access the No Company Open tab.
- From here, select the Help tab. You will here find the Update QuickBooks Desktop option; click on the same.
- Hit the Update Now tab and head to that window.
- Here, you need to select Reset Update and then click on Get Updates.
The update process can take a couple of minutes.
Solution 4: Edit Internet Explorer Installation Settings
Sometimes QuickBooks error 12007 occurs due to incomplete installation. To fix this, you need to make certain changes in its settings:
- Initially, shut down all the applications that are running in the background.
- Now, press the Window key with the R key to access the Run command box.
- Here, in the given space, you need to put in inetcpl.cpl and hit the Enter key.
- Now, you will be headed to the Internet Options tab.
- From the options available on the menu bar, go to the Advanced tab.
- You will now find the Reset button underneath the Reset Internet Explorer. Hit it twice.
- Thereafter, select Delete Personal Settings and from the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window, click on Reset.
You can now run QuickBooks again to check if the problem is fixed.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
If you are unable to resolve the problem yet, you need to reinstall the application with the help of the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- To run an application, you first need to download it. So get QuickBooks Clean Install Tool on your desktop.
- Now, head to Downloads, look for the .exe file of the same and start its installation.
- You need to go along the steps available on your screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Thereafter, click on Continue and enter the QuickBooks Desktop version you are using.
- Next, hit OK and follow the instructions to reinstall the QuickBooks application.
Check if you can now work on the same smoothly.
Recently added : Quickbooks error 12029
Any issue in a software can trouble its users a lot. QuickBooks error 12007 might not be this huge, but it can cause a hindrance in your work. This is why we have prepared this post for you. There, we have mentioned the triggers that can lead you to this problem and the fixes for the same. The above-mentioned steps can help you treat the issue yourself.
For people, who need expert help, we are here for you. You can reach out to us on an email mentioning your concern at email@example.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible.