Mobile technology and internet access make it easier than ever for you to stay in touch with your contacts using emails. Imagine that you are stuck in traffic and have not yet reached the office, but there is an urgent email that you need to respond to immediately. In a situation like this, your iPhone can be your savior. One of the biggest benefits of connecting your AOL email account to your iPhone is that you can send and receive email even if you are traveling. However, if you do not sync your email account properly, you will not be able to send or receive emails, and your AOL email account will not work. This article will give you a brief overview of what you can do to solve the issue in case you see that AOL email is not working on iPhone. Additionally, if you find that AOL keeps crashing whenever you try to access your account on iPhone, you should call the aol email phone number to implement a more advanced solution.
Step to fix AOL email not working on iPhone
The most common reason why AOL email stops working on iPhone is that the server settings are wrong. When you set up your AOL email account on your iPhone, you need to be sure you have the correct server settings to complete the setup process. When AOL stops working you need to delete the account from your iPhone and then add it once again. You can refer to the setup steps given below to make sure you have configured your account correctly:
- Step 1: Unlock your iPhone and open the main ‘Settings’ menu
- Step 2: Click ‘Passwords and Account’ and select your AOL account.
- Step 3: Press ‘Delete Account’ and then restart your iPhone.
- Step 4: Reopen the settings menu and click ‘Passwords and Account.’
- Step 5: Click ‘Add Mail Account’ and enter your AOL email details.
- Step 6: When you enter the email address be sure to include ‘@aol.com’
- Step 7: For the incoming mail server, enter: “imap.aol.com.”
- Step 8: In the outgoing mail server section type: smtp.aol.com
- Step 9: Enter IMAP-993-SSL and SMTP-465-SSL for the respective port numbers
Carefully double-check the email server settings you entered and click ‘Save.’ Keep in mind that even though the server settings are the same regardless of the email application you use, the setting may differ based on your account type. The settings mentioned in the steps above should only be used for Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP). If you still cannot get your email to work on your iPhone, you can call the aol email customer care and ask for additional assistance. Experienced email technicians are available 24 hours a day give you the best solution to resolve any issue related to your AOL email account.
Read more: aol email phone number
Source URL: AOL Email not working on iPhone