QuickBooks is a widely-used software which is mainly preferred by small and medium-sized businesses to manage their accounting data systematically. Have you been encountering en error while integrating with a QuickBooks payments account? Well, the best way to resolve this problem is to merge QuickBooks customers. Before doing that, you should make sure that there are no issues with the company file. This blog will act as a comprehensive guide to help you fix the problem as quickly as possible. You will get to understand the process of merging customers of QuickBooks once you go through this blog. Alternatively, it is also advisable to speak to the professional experts at QuickBooks customer service number who will provide you with a clear and concise way following which you can overcome this problem.
You may be required to merge QuickBooks customer's names when:
- Unable to integrate customer(s) correctly into the Sync Manager or ReBill
- Duplicate names are detected by Rebuild or Verify.
- Customers name not flowing to transactions and reports correctly
- Reduce the names of the customers with whom you have no longer use
- The problem faced by old customers in the process of payment and new customers can do so.
What are the things that you cannot do while merging?
- Undo a merge. So, do not forget to create a backup of the company data file before you attempt to merge list elements
- Integrate the name that is a job. Make sure to remove the job from the customer
- You cannot merge a customer that has jobs
- One cannot merge or integrate more than two names at one time
Steps to be followed for merging the names of your QuickBooks customers:
- One needs to create a new customer in QuickBooks, which is similar to the existing problematic customer. Obviously, there needs to be a little difference between them.
- Run Sync Mgr Sync Now after closing QuickBooks
- When you open QuickBooks again, make sure that the new customer appears in ReBill and make a recurring charge with similar norms as the existing problematic customer
- Visit QuickBooks and merge the old customer into the new one to get the history of the old customer into the new customer. Rename the old customer name to match the new one exactly. If you do it correctly, you will see a message appearing on the screen saying "This name is already being used. Would you like to merge them?" Click on Yes and go further
- Then, close the QuickBooks software and run Sync Mgr once more to finish the process. By doing this, the problem must have got resolved
- One should repeat these methods for all the customers of QuickBooks who are having a problem with Rebill.
Follow the steps correctly to get rid of the integration issue with QuickBooks payments completely. If the problem persists even after merging the names of the QuickBooks customers, you should get in touch with quickbooks customer care where the team of experts is available to give you the most suitable solution to your problem.
Read more: quickbooks helpline number