Are you receiving the error message while sending messages to any mail recipients? If yes, then you need not panic as AOL error 554 can be resolved quickly by going through this blog as causes and solution are appropriately discussed. This problem indicates that users are not able to send or receive emails because of either incorrect setting or poor IP reputation. But one can solve this problem on their own but if you are willing to take the assistance of professionals then call aol email technical support number that stays put 24*7.
Reasons why AOL error 554 occurs
Some of the noted causes that are responsible for AOL error 554 to occur:
- Internet Connectivity - If the internet connection you are using is weak or is not working correctly.
- Problem with IP address - If your AOL mail server IP address starts sending unauthenticated contents.
- Incorrect Settings - When the POP and IMAP settings entered by you is wrong.
- Multiple Messages sent - When you are sending numerous messages to a large number of users at one time.
- Incompatibility - When your system is not compatible with the services you are using.
- Blocking - When antivirus or other software or firewall is blocking your path to access AOL mail.
Steps to fix AOL Mail error 554
To ease you of your situation, here is the recommended solution by which you eradicate this error.
- For fixing internet network connectivity, you have to reboot all the devices that are using the Wi-Fi.
- Try disabling the Windows firewall and antivirus software temporarily while accessing AOL mail.
- Try logging out from your account then login again by using correct AOL credentials.
- Even you can try to restart the computer by clearing the cache and cookies data.
Some points to keep in mind
- Check you are not sending multiple or bulk emails at the same time.
- Even check whether the IP address is blocked or not.
- Do not use AOL mail over some private network.
- Check the IMAP and SMTP settings-
Mail server – imap.aol.com
Port – 993 (SSL)
Mail Server – smtp.aol.com
Port – 587 (TLS)
Even after executing all these troubleshooting steps, if the problem persists, then you need to get in touch with aol email customer support to speak with experts. As only professionals can assist you in fixing the error entirely without any delay so that their clients don’t have to suffer.
Read more: aol email support number
Source URL: How to fix an error 554 in AOL Mail