What are the main failure modes of the triangular belts, described as follows:
(1) The belt slips on the pulley and cannot transmit power.
(2) Delamination, tearing and breaking of the belt due to fatigue.
(3) Wear of the working surface of the belt.
(4) Torsional vibration of the driven shaft.
To ensure that the belt does not slip during work, and has a certain fatigue strength and service life is the main basis for the design of the V-belt, and it is also the main basis for the design of other belt transmissions that rely on friction transmission.
- When the tension of the triangle tape is checked regularly, the specified requirements cannot be met after adjustment, and a new triangle tape must be replaced. All belts on the same pulley should be replaced at the same time. Otherwise, the load on the V-belt will be unevenly distributed due to the difference between the new and the old and the different lengths. This will cause the V-belt to vibrate, drive unevenly, and reduce the work of the V-belt drive. effectiveness.
- During use, the operating temperature of the V-belt should not exceed 60℃, and do not apply belt grease casually. If you find that the surface of the V-belt is shiny, it means that the V-belt has slipped. First, remove the dirt on the surface of the belt, and then apply an appropriate amount of belt wax. When cleaning the V-belt, use warm water instead of cold or hot water.
- For various types of V-belts, it is not advisable to apply rosin or viscous substances, and prevent contamination of engine oil, butter, diesel and gasoline, otherwise it will corrode the V-belts and shorten the service life. The groove of the V-belt should not be stained with oil, otherwise it will slip.
- Keep the V-belt when it is not in use. It should be stored in a place where the temperature is relatively low, there is no direct sunlight, no oil and corrosive smoke, to prevent its deterioration. The maintenance of the hexagonal beltsis the same.