Unlock the Power of Diverse Perspectives to Solve your Biggest Challenges by Mark Bidwell
- 21 Les gens qui ont lié ça
- Company, Organization or Institution
Mises à jour récentes
- My guest in this episode is Benedict Allen, an English explorer, environmentalist, film-maker and author of a number of books, including “Mad White Giant”, “Into The Crocodile Nest” and “Hunting the Gugu.” Benedict has become famous for his immersive style of exploration, by disconnecting from technology and diving into the lives and cultures of indigenous communities, from whom he learns survival skills in challenging and often hostile environments. He has recorded six TV series for the BBC, both traveling solo and with camera crews, enabling armchair travelers to enjoy his remarkable adventures. In 2010, he was elected a Trustee of Royal Geographic Society.
#outsidelens #outsidevoices #markbidwell #innovation #culture
- "If you sit down with a Mayan farmer, there is an innate ability for very long term thinking, generations ahead." - Olivia McKendrick, Director of The Cultural Sanctuaries Foundation
What business lessons we can learn from traditional communities: https://outsidelens.com/the-race-to-save-cultural-and-intellectual-diversity/ …
- Thriving in #complexity - discussing with @jgberger how to take advantage of a complex world and avoid 5 common “mindtraps” that leaders fall victims to.
Full article and interview: https://outsidelens.com/thriving-in-complexity/ …
#OutsideLens #Leadership #OutsidePerspective
- Diversity in all its forms is key to solving many of the most significant challenges we face today, and if we fail to address these challenges, future generations will inherit the consequences. Preserving cultural and intellectual diversity is the purpose of the Cultural Sanctuaries Foundation, and enables us to take advantage of useful wisdom hiding in plain sight. Learn more in this interview with the founders, photographer and National Geographic Society Fellow Chris Rainier and former Linklaters partner Olivia McKendrick.
- So reads the title of a chapter in the keenly awaited new book by Professor Clay Christensen, Efosa Ojomo and Karen Dillon, The Prosperity Paradox. The concept of looking at markets from different perspectives is at the heart of this optimistic yet practical book, in which the authors apply robust management theories to help leaders uncover and capture opportunities in developing markets.
- "Transforming standards of patient care: reimagining medicine, drug-hunting, and market access."
Vas Narasimhan is not your typical CEO, having started his career in public health, where he became passionate about how to impact health on a large scale. Now, many years later and a little over a year into his role as CEO of Novartis, his passion remains undiminished. The impact the company is having on patients is remarkable, be it with “miraculous” treatments that cure children of deadly diseases with one pill, or with the Novartis Access program.
In the first half of my interview with Vas, we discuss what Reimagining Medicine means in an R&D based company that is deeply committed to innovation; addressing the needs of the 2 billion people with no access to health care; and the potential for, and challenges of, radically improving patient outcomes with advanced therapies.
#Innovation #reimaginemedicine #VasNarasimhan
Link here to the full article on our website: outsidelens.com/ep2
- Building on the success of my podcasting, I recently created a new business called OutsideLens. The business will help you to escape from the hamster wheel of conference rooms, PowerPoint presentations, and airport lounges. That’s the “Outside” part of the name OutsideLens. And the “Lens” part? I am an anthropologist by training, and having achieved some moderate success in my career to date by applying different lenses to business, I understand that fresh ways of looking leads to fresh solutions. Exploring issues through multiple lenses unlocks unimagined possibilities.
So I founded OutsideLens to leverage this insight, to help leaders navigate the choppy waters of today’s volatile business environment. From the podcasts and my work with organisations and individuals, our goal is always the same: to bring you fresh and diverse perspectives that help you navigate the world we live in.
Plus de lecture