QuickBooks is one of the foremost and most preferred accounting and bookkeeping software that millions of business owners across the world find useful. It makes everyday business tasks effortless by providing several advanced features. Some of them include tracking daily transactions, managing expenses, invoicing customers, and tax filing. But, despite being robust software, it ends up with several errors now and then. One such issue is QuickBooks error 80070057. It takes place due to damaged or corrupt QB installation. There are several other reasons that we have listed, along with their troubleshooting methods in this blog.
What Causes Windows Update Error Code 80070057?
You may end up with QB Error Code 80070057 due to one of the reasons mentioned below:
- You might have undergone Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks installation.
- It doesn't allow you to read the company file due to a changed file extension.
- The Windows file extension entered for the QuickBooks application is incorrect.
- QuickBooks Error 80070057 occurs if you haven't configured the system's firewall for the QuickBooks desktop.
- You might have tried to open a portable file when the QB accounting tool is closed.
- The company file that you are trying to open is stored on a USB flash drive.
- You might be using a damaged company file that is detected by QuickBooks during installation.
How To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 80070057?
Follow the resolution methods listed mentioned below to rectify Error 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect:
Solution 1:Check the company file name extension
- At first, right-click on the company file.
- Then, click on Properties followed by QuickBooks.
- Note down the file extension from the Filename field and the QuickBooks version in which you opened your last company file.
- Click on OK.
Change the extension
- To begin, create a new folder.
- Then, copy and paste the company file into the newly created folder.
- You need to rename the new folder.
- Further, change the file extension to .qbm
- Save the changes by clicking anywhere.
- Then, open the QuickBooks Desktop to restore the Portable.
- If you are unable to open QB, then you must rename the extension to .qbb.
- After that, open the QuickBooks desktop and restore the Backup.
- If it still doesn't open, then you must rename the file extension to .qbx.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks Convert to an Accounting copy.
Copy the company file and paste it into another folder in Flash drive
- Firstly, open Windows Explorer with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click on the File menu and select New Folder.
- Copy the Companyfile.QBW from Flash drive and Paste it into the new folder.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks Desktop, followed by the new folder.
Solution 3: Convert the files from Mac to Windows (Mac users only)
If you want to convert files from Mac to Windows, try using the Back-Up option available in Windows function and convert QuickBooks from Mac to Microsoft Windows.
Solution 4: Install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- To begin, download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the official website of Intuit.
- Once downloaded, run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- It will detect the issues on its own.
Need Technical Assistance!
Hopefully, the resolution methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve QuickBooks error 80070057. If you need any further assistance, give us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1-855-948-3651.