Almost every office in the world uses printers and printing paper for daily work. While it is true that printers have helped to boost productivity in the workplace, unfortunately, the use of printers has a negative impact on the environment. Studies suggest that close to 80 million ink cartridges are discarded every year, and these cartridges may take at least 400 years to break down. The chemicals in ink cartridges, such as petroleum oil and non-biodegradable plastic casing, cause soil and water pollution. Considering the environmental impact of using printers, HP, which is one of the biggest names in the printing world, has taken several steps to promote a culture of environmental responsibility. This blog will give you an overview of the initiatives undertaken by HP to encourage eco-friendly printing for a forest positive future. You can also call the hp printer customer support number to find out how you can use your printer in an eco-friendly manner.
Steps taken by HP to encourage eco-friendly printing
HP took an innovative and bold pledge to ensure every page that is printed is forest positive and carbon neutral. Here are some highlights of the eco-friendly vision adopted by HP when it comes to print sustainability:
- The company successfully completed its goal of 100% zero-deforestation with HP-branded paper. The goal was reached two years ahead of schedule.
- Customers using HP Printers reported a 33% annual reduction in carbon emissions, energy consumption, and cost, thanks to HP’s Managed Print Services.
- HP Printers use closed-loop recycled plastics, while specific products have up to 30% closed-loop, post-consumer plastics.
- New HP Products, like the energy-efficient HPLaserJet A4 printer, come with lower melt temperatures that help to reduce energy consumption significantly.
- HP has plans to shift to renewable, carbon-neutral energy in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions during operations.
- HP recycles plastic from old HP cartridges to create new ink cartridges, thus reducing the amount of disposable plastic waste.
- As part of its circular economy initiative, HP sourced around 550,000 pounds of ocean-bound plastic, which was later used to manufacture new products.
- The research and development teams over at HP work to create state-of-the-art toner and ink cartridges made from recycled content.
When it comes to environmental responsibility, HP certainly leads by example. HP is on a path to improve the future of printing and the future of the environment as well. If you want to learn how you can contribute to the eco-friendly initiatives put forth by HP, you can call the hp printer technical support and ask for additional information. Printer technicians and software experts will be able to give you helpful tips so that you can use your HP Printer in a more efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
Read more: hp printer phone number
Source URL: HP encourages eco-friendly printing