QuickBooks Pro is an advanced accounting software that allows you to organize your business finances more efficiently. The software, which is simple to setup and extremely easy to use, can be used to track your performance so that you can make informed business decisions. The best thing about QuickBooks Pro is that it allows access for up to 3 users. However, since different versions of QuickBooks software may have different installation and setup steps, you should always consider calling the quickbooks technical support number to clarify your doubts before you proceed. If you are looking for additional information about the installation process for QuickBooks Pro multiple use you can read through this blog as well.
To install QuickBooks Pro on a server for multiple use you will first need to install the database server and then configure the QuickBooks Database Server Access. You can have a look at the steps give below to know more:
Steps to Install QuickBooks Database Server
- Step 1: Close any program that might interfere with the installation.
- Step 2: Insert the QuickBooks CD into the drive and proceed.
- Step 3: When asked to overwrite existing files, select ‘Yes to All.’
- Step 5: Press the ‘Next’ option and agree to the license agreement.
- Step 6: Open Custom & Network Options and select ‘More Than One User.’
- Step 7: Click on ‘Install Database Server Only’ and follow the prompts.
- Step 8: Select the ‘Install’ option and then click ‘Finish.’
Step to Configure QuickBooks Database Server Access
- Step 1: Click on the ‘File’ option found in the ‘Utilities’ menu.
- Step 2: Select ‘Host Multi-User Access’ on the computer you want to access.
- Step 3: Go to the ‘Company’ menu and press ‘Set Up Users and Passwords.’
- Step 4: Navigate to the ‘Set Up Users’ section and click ‘Add User.’
- Step 5: Type a convenient username and password for the user.
- Step 6: Open QuickBooks on all the computers connected to the network.
- Step 7: Select the option to ‘Open a Company File’ and press ‘Next.’
Once you successfully configure the software, you can go to the location where you stored the Database Server Management file and open it. If you find that you cannot open the file or if you encounter an installation error, you can call the quickbooks customer support and speak to a trained software technician to resolve the issue.